Superfinishing of spherical components
Spherical plain bearings and spherical components are used in diverse areas: they are installed in a wide variety of ways in the aerospace industry as well as in the automotive and agricultural industries. In all areas, however, these parts are subject to the highest quality requirements, as they must function perfectly despite high loads.
Precise machining and production are therefore imperative. In addition, long-term process reliability and low cycle times are of utmost importance for the cost-efficient production of the required quantities in constantly growing industrial sectors.
Machining of spherical plain bearings
with robotic feeding
Based on our decades of experience in superfinishing and the automation of manufacturing processes, our solutions meet these demands with precision.
In cooperation with our customers, we develop systems that meet any specific requirements.
In this way, maximum accuracy and consistent surface quality are achieved, even for individual components, with low unit costs.
- Increase of OEE through automation
- Fulfillment of the required qualities
- Increase of material carrying capacity
- Improvement of microgeometry
- Optimization of surface structure
- Competitive advantage through high flexibility
Further information as PDF
Get smarter – connect with us
Thanks for your interest in our solutions!
Let’s get to know each other. Continue to download... ×
Video showing spherical machining
with highest precision
The rotary transfer machine Supfina Face generation: a flexible rotary transfer solution with a unique machine structure allowing the highest production volumes while also being flexible for maximum cost efficiency.
The development was based on the general standards of: cost efficiency, flexibility, safety and environment.
- Vertical spindle orientation for highest precision
- Fast setup processes through software-supported
adjustment of the machining unit
- Bridge construction for maximum stiffness
- Optimal accessibility for retooling and maintenance tasks
- External loading by robots gantry systems possible
- Integrated loading systems available
- Integrated fire extinguishing system for optimal safety
- Maximum energy efficiency by omitting cooling systems
- Supfina IQ-Finish process control for continuously best results and high quality
- Best possible work ergonomics
Supfina's superfinishing technology also gives ceramics the desired surface finish in top quality.
For maximum tightness and load: Superfinish from Supfina.
Highly automated solutions for spherical plain bearings and rod ends.Learn more ...
Supfina solutions for ball machining
Spherical superfinishing with cup wheel.
Automated production of spherical plain bearings on a Supfina LCM TS.
Superfinishing of a ceramic hip joint ball.
Machining of large valve balls for valves on dams, refineries, pipelines and chemical industry plants.